Western Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Date: 03-31-2014
Position Title: Service Banking Floater
Location: All locations (Home Office - Maplewood)
Full time - Flexible hours from 7:30a.m. - 6:00p.m.
May need to work occasional Saturdays - 8:30a.m. -12:30p.m.
Western Bank, a healthy, progressive and growing bank, with 5 locations in the St. Paul/Minneapolis metropolitan area, is seeking a Full Time Service Banking Floater. This position resides in the Service Banking department which provides assistance to commercial, nonprofit and consumer customers. This is accomplished by providing excellent customer service; cross-selling additional products and services to current customers; as well as identifying and selling to potential new customers. The Service Banking Floater is responsible for providing coverage and assisting customers in the capacity of a Teller, Vault Teller, Service Representative or Service Supervisor role. This position will be required to travel to all bank locations, at times on short notice. In addition, this position will back up Service Help Desk.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Some college or vocational education with business emphasis or equivalent work experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous teller experience or other banking experience a plus.
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Sensitive and skilled in customer relations.
- Team player.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work on computers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work on a telephone.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Adaptable and resilient to stress and change.
- May have to lift heavy safe deposit boxes for our customers. Must be mobile enough to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to drive automobile to other bank locations.
- If internal candidate, recent evaluation must reflect above average performance for the areas associated with the requirements of this job.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks.
- Clear, friendly communicator.
- Ability to work with others, especially in a helping role.
- Persuasive selling communication style.
- Ability to work with a team.
Posting Date: 04-03-2014
Position Title: Part-Time Teller (Benefit Eligible)
Location: St. Paul
Hours: Monday - Friday 12:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
2 or 3 Saturdays/month 8:45a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Flexibility to cover additional shifts is a must!
Western Bank, a healthy, progressive and growing bank, with 5 locations in the St. Paul/Minneapolis metropolitan area, is seeking a Part-Time Teller at our St. Paul Office. This position resides in the Service Banking department which provides assistance to commercial, nonprofit and consumer customers, as well as to Western Bank's bankers. This is accomplished by providing excellent customer service; cross-selling additional products and services to current customers; as well as identifying and selling to potential new customers. The Teller position helps the Department by handling customer transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, payments, coin orders, etc., in the most efficient, professional, timely, and effective manner possible, as well as by ensuring every possible customer need is identified and met personally or through referrals. The individual must have excellent customer service skills, the ability to effectively communicate with customers, and prior cash handling experience is preferred.
- High School education or equivalent work experience.
- Previous teller, cashier, or customer service experience is preferred.
- Accounting coursework or experience is helpful.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers.
- Ability to lift heavy amounts of coin (50 lbs.)
- Hand dexterity required.
- Physical mobility to work in an area with limited space or quick movement from one area to another.
- Figure aptitude.
- Ability to work on a computer keyboard.
- Steady, even paced to promote accuracy and quality of work.
- Comfortable with repetitive procedures and routines, supported by established guidelines
- Completes tasks one at a time according to procedure.
- Develops and maintains a cooperative and harmonious relationships with a variety of people.
- Decision making occurs only within established guidelines.
- Frequent contact and communication with variety of people.
- Friendly, outgoing communication style.
Posting Date: 10-30-2013
Position Title: Mortgage Loan Orginators
The Mortgage Loan Orginators will develop and maintain effective relationships with realtors, builders, and other professionals with the goal of growing and servicing Western Bank's residential first mortgage business. The Mortgage Bankers will assist residential first mortgage applicants with choosing the appropriate financing program, as well as originating and closing their loans.
- College degree in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of previous mortgage lending experience.
- Knowledge of Secondary Market and mortgage loan regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience originating and understanding Conventional, VA, and FHA loans.
- Strong sales, interpersonal and customer contact skills in order to effectively build a "prospect" pipeline, sell products and serve customers.
- Written and verbal communication skills enabling clear, effective, courteous and professional interaction with customers and all levels of employees.
- Ability to establish priorities, work under pressure, maintain momentum, attain goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated and dependable with a sense of urgency.
- Skilled in operating a personal computer. Windows and Microsoft Office experience preferred.
Posting Date: 02-18-2014
Position Title: Senior Vice President, Commercial Banking
Western Bank, a healthy, progressive and growing bank with offices in the St. Paul/Minneapolis metropolitan area, is seeking an experienced Senior Vice President of Commercial Banking. Applicants should be results-driven with demonstrated success with new business development. New business growth projections for this position are $10-15 million/year with multiple relationships.
The Commercial Banking Team is responsible for identifying and satisfying the financial needs of business customers in a manner that contributes to the bank's goals for growth and profitability. The SVP, Commercial Banking helps the department by actively developing new business relationships, as well as being a relationship manager who strengthens and grows current relationships and cross-sells Treasury, Nonprofit and Consumer Banking products.
- College degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of previous commercial lending and credit analysis experience.
- Experience and orientation toward commercial and industrial loans.
- Demonstrated success with new business development.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer contact skills in order to effectively sell banking products and serve customers.
- Written and verbal communication skills enabling effective interaction with customers and all levels of employees.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work under pressure, maintain momentum and meet deadlines.
- Ability to drive an automobile to the customers' work sites or other meeting places.
- Ability to handle a large amount of business over the telephone.
- This position requires access to the Internet, understanding of the Western Bank web site, Internet Banking, Cash Management, as well as the knowledge and skills to use the Internet in the Bank's best interest.
Posting Date: 11-08-2013
Position Title: SVP, Commercial Banking Team Lead - West Metro
Western Bank is seeking an experienced Senior Vice President, Commercial Banking Team Lead for the West Metro. Applicants should be:
- results-driven with demonstrated success in leading a team to new business development,
- well networked in the east metro market,
- have a thorough understanding of C & I, CRE and SBA programs.
The Commercial Banking Team is responsible for identifying and satisfying the financial needs of business customers in a manner that contributes to the bank's goals for growth and profitability. The SVP, Commercial Banking Team Lead's primary purpose is to increase Western Bank's presence and visibility in the West Metro market and lead a new business development effort by helping the bankers develop new business relationships; retain, strengthen and grow current relationships; as well as cross-sell Treasury, Nonprofit and Consumer Banking products. In addition to leading a Commercial Banking Team, this position is responsible for developing his/her own portfolio of business. The incumbent will supervise, retain, and develop the bankers under his/her charge, ensure compliance with bank laws and regulations, provide high internal and external customers satisfaction, be visibly active in the broader community, as well as oversee the daily functions of the West Metro Banking Team.